At COHME, we’re dedicated to helping you feel comfortable, supported, and happy through individually-
crafted care plans, customized to your needs.
Our long-term care experts have extensive experience in managing Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementia disorders. Caring for those with long term cognitive issues requires patience, attention, and constant alertness. Our aides are certified in home healthcare and help with activities of daily living, including wheelchair transfers, bathing, skincare, light housekeeping, shopping, and laundry. Our aides are available for as many hours as you need them, seven days a week.
The complete list of services includes:
- Home visits by experienced Registered and Licensed Practical Nurses
- Comprehensive case management and visits by Licensed Clinical/Masters Social Workers
- Pre-pour medication by registered nurses
- Diet monitoring
- Assistance with walking and light exercise
- Assistance with activities of daily living: bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Assistance with feeding, if needed
- Stimulating activities and engagement with the client
- Accompanying the client on visits to family, friends, and community events
- Arranging and escorting the client to appointments
- Light housekeeping, including laundry and ironing
- Assisting your loved one with reading and correspondence
- Answering the telephone and the door
- Grocery shopping, planning, and preparing meals
- Miscellaneous errands as needed
Once we determine your loved one’s care plan, we set him or her on a path for success. Our nurse and social worker check in with you frequently, as well as visit and phone your loved one’s home, to ensure all needs are being met. Another staff social worker provides support to our aides—because when they’re happier, your loved one receive better care.
Choose a personalized long-term home care plan with multiple layers of support. Get in touch with COHME >
Physical limitations due to surgeries, injuries, pain, and other mobility hindrances are very disruptive. However temporary these circumstances are, COHME’s Home Health Aides are available to assist your loved ones during this time. Our aides assist in dressing, feeding, providing transportation, and more. Our licensed social worker will come to the home and assess the living situations, evaluate medical conditions, and gain insight to help select the ideal aide. Together with our social worker, you or your loved one create a short-term care plan. Our short-term care requires a minimum two-week commitment consisting of 12 hours per week.
COHME’s nurses, aides, and staff are the cornerstone of COHME. We strongly believe in investing in our team, which is why they receive the best in class training and a positive work environment. By investing in our staff members, we ensure our clients are met with warm, enthusiastic smiles and a team of care givers with a passion for what they do.
We best reach our care giving goals when personalities mesh. Happiness and health go hand in hand. Whether adding joy to our client’s day with a friendly game of cards or sharing conversation over a meal, COHME aims to create lasting bonds between our care givers and clients.
Choose a flexible short-term care plan with multiple layers of support. Get in touch with COHME >